North Valley Outdoor Network
The North Valley Outdoor Network (NVON) is a regional partnership of local government, land management agencies, organizations and other partners committed to developing and implementing sustainable nature-based recreation opportunities that meet the diverse and unique needs of communities, visitors, and ecological systems in the North Valley.
We will achieve our vision through a landscape-scale, “all hands, all lands” approach to sustainable recreation in the North Valley. Our mission is to leverage our collective expertise and resources by coordinating among existing and emerging efforts, collaborating to address common outdoor recreation challenges, and working together to better provide opportunities and access for diverse users and communities.
We envision a regional network of safe, equitable, and accessible outdoor recreation opportunities, providing diverse experiences and supporting thriving communities interconnected with public lands. We strive to ensure that all populations experience outdoor recreation set in the region’s unique Sonoran desert ecosystems. More specifically, we envision a future in which:
1. The needs and desires of residents and visitors are met, and recreation experiences are available for future generations,
2. Natural and cultural resources are protected, enhanced, and made more resilient,
3. Recreation users demonstrate stewardship and responsible use,
4. Conflicts between recreationists are minimized and resolved,
5. Infrastructure is maintained and improved over time (may include removing or repurposing infrastructure and development), and
6. Communities benefit and contribute value through active participation.
Where We Work
A general map of the North Valley Outdoor Network Area (note: all boundaries are flexible and depend on scope of efforts and partners).
Collective Challenges and Opportunities
To tackle collective challenges and take advantage of opportunities NVON has four different working groups. Learn more about collective issues, opportunities, and working group activities below.
Trail Connectivity & Amenities
Community Engagement & Stewardship
OHV Management & Use
NVON partner resources and assets can be found here.
Resources and assets for the public can be found here.
To contact the NVON partners, request access to resources, or get involved please use the contact form.