Join us for a regional perspective on the values of the White Tank Mountains as open space in Maricopa County, with a summary on the unique biodiversity of the region. The WTMC will provide a short history on the Regional Connectivity Initiative and the connectivity imperative to keep the White Tank Mountains wild.
Local experts will join us to discuss current research on wildlife movement in the region, and how building communities around the natural environment can leverage many ecosystem services that enhance the quality of life in local communities. This is part one of a series of three speaker series hosted every Wednesday.
- Sidney Ashby, Poet / Student
- Annia Quiroz, Central Arizona Conservation Alliance, Engagement Coordinator
- Dana Warnecke, White Tank Mountains Conservancy, Biological Consultant
- Scott Sprague, Arizona Game and Fish Department, Project Manager/Road Ecologist
- Kaela Hamilton, Arizona State University, Graduate Student
- Dr. Paul J. Coseo, Arizona State University, Assistant Professor of Landscape Architecture / Senior Sustainability Scientist
Do I need to Register?
This event is free, please register through our partner’s page.
CAZCA functions through extensive partnerships to stand together and further our conservation efforts.